The U.S. Postal Service is providing personalized responses to children’s letters to Santa complete with a North Pole postmark.
Follow these steps for your grandchild to get a letter back from Santa:
- Have your grandchild write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
- Later, when alone, open the envelope and write a personalized response.
- Insert the response letter into an envelope and address it to the child.
- Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
- Affix a First-Class Mail stamp to the envelope.
- Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope with appropriate postage and address it to:
North Pole Postmark Postmaster, 4141 Postmark Drive, Anchorage, AK 99530-9998
“Letters from Santa” must be received by the Anchorage, AK, postmaster no later than Dec. 15. Santa’s helpers at the Postal Service will take care of the rest.
- You can write Santa’s response on the back of your child’s letter if you’d like to keep them together so your child can see what he’she wrote as well as the response.
- When responding as Santa, make the response as personal as possible by highlighting your child’s accomplishments over the past year, for example, helping around the house, receiving good grades in a particular subject at school or participating in community service activities.