You don’t need to limit your cranberry to the sauce on your Thanksgiving table. It’s the perfect tart addition to breads, cakes, side dishes, salsas and jams. Try one of more of our delicious cranberry recipes for a yummy treat this fall and winter.
1. Cranberry Orange Bread. This delicious bread has two of our favorite ingredients: cranberries and orange. It uses frozen cranberries so it’s easy to whip up a batch with ingredients you keep on hand. The only drawback is that you cut each cranberry in hand so the prep time takes more time than assembling and baking the bread. We promise it’s worth it though!
2. Cranberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake. You can whip up the mix for this cake the night before and bake in the morning for a yummy, festive breakfast. It’s delicious with a cup of tea for an afternoon break as well.
3. Cranberry Jam. All you need are cranberries, sugar, and water to make this delicious, tart jam that is perfect for biscuits. It would also make a perfect hostess gift during the holidays.
4. Brie, Apple and Cranberry Grilled Cheese. Here’s a new take on grilled cheese with the tang from brie, apple and cranberry adding a special taste profile.
5. Cranberry Apple Pecan Rice Pilaf. This is a delicious side dish for cranberry lovers that combines rice pilaf with apples and pecans. It would be a great addition to a Thanksgiving menu!