GrandparentsGuide.com is about meeting the needs of grandparents in two ways: through our national site and through our partner sites in cities across the United States. We know that grandparents are active and involved in the lives of their grandchildren and are seeking resources to strengthen those relationships.
The information presented on the national site is prepared by a team of writers who specialize in topics of interest to families including: Ages & Stages, Family, Fun, Holidays, and Travel. You’ll find everything from articles and resources that help you navigate the growth and development of your grandchildren to travel tips.
To help our readers get the local information they want and need, we partner with parenting magazines in communities across the country. We’ve found the local experts–publishers and writers who have been reaching their market for years with high quality information. These are partners we trust to present the best and most up to date information about local events, things to do and family attractions in each community.
Whether you’re looking for information in your hometown, your grandchildren’s hometown or in a city where you’re traveling, GrandparentsGuide.com is a great place to find exactly what you need!
Welcome to our web site and thank you for your interest in GrandparentsGuide.
Partner Relations/Technical Support
Would you like to be a GrandparentsGuide.com local partner?
We are looking for active, involved publishers in counties across the United States to work with us in making GrandparentsGuide.com a national resource for grandparents. Local partners will have their own site where you can post articles, a calendar and other information of interest to grandparents who either live in your community or visit. Your city will be listed in the drop down menu on the national site so users can find you. We provide the assistance you need to get your site up and running quickly.
For more information on how you can work with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you passionate about being a grandparent, a grandparenting expert, freelance writer, or just someone with a story? If so, we’d love to feature you on GrandparentsGuide.com.
We accept editorial submissions from professional detail-oriented writers who specialize in children, grandparenting or topics of interest to grandparents.
What We’re Looking For
We want well-written, thought-provoking stories that focus on timely issues of interest to grandparents. Articles should fit into one of the following categories: Ages & Stages, Family, Fun, Holiday, or Travel. Short articles of approximately 500 words are most likely to be accepted.
- Please email completed articles to email@example.com; put “article submission” and one or two word description of topic in the subject line.
- We pay upon publication. No spec assignments. No kill fees.
- Articles may be submitted as a Word document or embedded in an email.
- Proof your work before submitting. Articles with poor grammar, misspelled words or not in accordance with these guidelines will not be considered.
- Include your name, mailing address, phone number, email and word count on the first page of your article and a 30-word author bio at the end.
- We do not pay for bylined articles. Professionals may offer their expertise to our readers in exchange for a mention of their website or book in a 30-word byline.
- We receive hundreds of submissions; please note that we will respond only to articles we are considering for publication.
Please send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org; put “query” and a one or two word description in the subject line. We cannot respond to every unsolicited story or idea. If the editor wants to discuss your idea further, she will contact you.
Rights and Exclusivity
GrandparentsGuide.com requires first-time exclusive digital rights. You will be asked to sign a Freelance Writer’s Agreement prior to publication of your piece.